Many families looking to buy real estate in Park City & Deer Valley want to be in a new first or second home by the holidays. While it’s gray and cold outside this month, add some holiday cheer to your home. Holiday decor can lighten moods and warm up interiors.
Here are some tips for Holiday Staging:
1. Keep things color-coordinated.
2. Don’t overdo it. Keep it simple and elegant.
3. Do not over clutter. Put one item away for every item you put out.
4. Small spaces should only have a small tree. You do not want to take the focus away from the permanent focus points.
5. Holiday scents in combination with instrumental Christmas music have shown to boost people’s buying attitudes.
6. Give Holiday impression from the curb. Buyers are very likely to drive by your house before they call for a showing. Therefore the curb appeal is very important. Have single color or white lights and maybe a wreath on the front door. Do not overdo it.
7. Have your Realtor add a holiday decoration picture to the MLS. It’s great marketing for buyers during the months of November and December.
8. Do not decorate before Thanksgiving and remove decoration right after the holidays. Spring Buyers do not want to see Santa Claus around the house.
Always remember: Keep it simple, inviting and do not overdo. Potential buyers want to see a neutral property. They want to be able to imagine their future home and own style of living.